Heatlink UK are the specialists when it comes to heat interface unit design! We design each of our units to match the, specification, performance and cost criteria.
Each HIU design is made by our in-house team of designers who make sure that all units are manufactured to the highest quality possible. A district heating design requires long-term planning, especially if it’s to match your specific requirements!
Our HIUs are designed to reliably transfer energy from a heating network for communal heating, to individual homes and apartments. The HIU design needs to be efficient and to distribute heat energy equally across the complex.
The district heating design is something that requires careful consideration. The hot water is to be transported through an insulated pipe network which will then be distributed to various apartments and homes.
HeatLink can provide:
- Technical surveys for both new and existing schemes, where an upgrade may be required.
- Years of experience on schemes equipped with new consumer controls, meters and pre-payment units or automatic meter reading systems.
- System designs on existing schemes and new designs provided for proposed installations.
- Guidance on the effects of introducing consumer controls and meters and pre-payment systems on to existing systems.
- Technical data on the selection of equipment for the consumer control ‘packages’ (HIU’s) which would be designed specifically for each system taking into account the requirements for the consumer and the conditions under which these controls will be required to operate.
- Assistance in the performance of HIU’s if the system characteristics are changed or if dwelling heating or domestic hot water requirements are amended.
- Wiring details for the operation of the consumer control packages.
- Commissioning criteria for each dwelling type and specific commissioning procedures designed for each system.
- Data on typical consumptions from many differing dwelling types.
- Data on the efficiency of the heat raising plants and the heat losses from distribution pipe work vital when looking at scheme performances and in the creation of tariffs.
- Assistance on the installation of remote reading systems by either hard wire or radio transmission.
For expert advice when it comes to heat interface unit design, call us on 0114 231 3700 today!
HIU TYPE 1000
Direct Heating with primary heating for Indirect HWS storage unit
HIU TYPE 2000
Direct Heating with instantaneous domestic hot water via a brazed plate heat exchanger.
HIU TYPE 3000
Heating and instantaneous domestic hot water via Independant heat exchanger.
HIU TYPE 4000
Primary heating with heat exchanger for the secondary heating & primary supply to the hot water storage cylinder.