Heatlink has a wealth of experience when it comes to designing Heat Interface Units. It’s important to us that we always provide customers with a fit for purpose solution therefore with each and every unit we take specification, performance and cost criteria into consideration.
Every HIU is designed by our in-house team of specialists who make sure that all units are of highest possible quality. Our HIUs are designed to reliably transfer energy from a heating network for communal heating to individual homes and apartments. The HIU design needs to be efficient and to distribute heat energy equally across the complex.
The district heating design is something that requires careful consideration. The hot water is to be transported through an insulated pipe network which will then be distributed to various apartments and homes, and we will always work closely with you to make sure that the overall solution will give the best results.
HeatLink can provide:
- Technical surveys for both new and existing schemes, where an upgrade may be required.
- Years of experience on schemes equipped with new consumer controls, meters and pre-payment units, or automatic meter reading systems.
- System designs on existing schemes and new designs provided for proposed installations.
- Guidance on the effects of introducing consumer controls, meters and pre-payment systems on to existing systems.
- Technical data on the selection of equipment for the consumer control ‘packages’ (HIUs) which would be designed specifically for each system, taking into account the requirements for the consumer and the conditions under which these controls will be required to operate.
- Assistance in the performance of HIUs if the system characteristics are changed or if dwelling heating or domestic hot water requirements are amended.
- Wiring details for the operation of the consumer control packages.
- Commissioning criteria for each dwelling type and specific commissioning procedures designed for each system.
- Data on typical consumptions from many differing dwelling types.
- Data on the efficiency of the heat raising plants and the heat losses from distribution pipe work vital when looking at scheme performances and in the creation of tariffs.
- Assistance on the installation of remote reading systems by either hard wire or radio transmission.
For expert advice when it comes to heat interface unit design, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We use our wealth of experience to create every solution.